Total Time: 25 minutes
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- 4 ready-to-eat herring fillets (maatjes)
- 500 g waxy potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 apple
- 150 g snap peas
- 1 bunch of radishes
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tbsp capers
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 5 tbsp thick Pretexte culinary cream
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Cook them in lightly salted water.
- Clean the snap peas and cut them in half. Blanch them in salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Prepare the dressing.
- Mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, and fresh herbs with the thick Pretexte culinary cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool.
- Thinly slice the red onion.
- Remove the seeds from the cucumber and cut it into half-moons.
- Slice the radishes and dice the apple.
- Mix the sliced red onion, cucumber, snap peas, apple, capers, and radishes with the diced potatoes.
- Place the herring fillets on top and garnish with some additional dill sprigs. Serve the dressing on the side.