Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Preparation: 30 minutes
Baking: 1 hour
- 1 pie crust, either shortcrust or sweet pastry (depending on preference)
- 2 untreated lemons
- 200 g sugar
- 60 g powdered sugar
- 5 eggs
- 20 cl Pretexte culinary liquid
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) for 10 minutes. Line the pie dish with the pastry and prick it with a fork. Cover with parchment paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for ten minutes (the crust should not color or only slightly).
- In a bowl, mix two whole eggs and two egg yolks (set aside the egg whites), Pretexte culinary liquid, and 150 g sugar. Then add the juice and finely grated zest of the two lemons.
- Remove the pastry from the oven, remove the beans and paper, and pour in the mixture. Bake for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the meringue: take the reserved egg whites and add the white of the remaining egg.
- Add a pinch of salt and beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually add the sugar while continuing to beat.
- Remove the pie from the oven, turn off the oven.
- Quickly spread the meringue on top of the pie and return it to the oven (turned off). The meringue will take on a beautiful golden color.